I’ve got GREAT news for you!
Many of you know that Continental and United merged last year to form United Continental Airline. The new name takes some getting used to – but I’ve flown quite a bit on the “new” airline in the last few months, and I can tell you that the service and everything you would want from an airline (like your intact luggage arriving with you :)) has been excellent.
United Continental is a member of the Star Alliance along with a bunch of other airlines. (Here’s the complete list of member airlines). Star Alliance has a large collection of discount “air passes” for different regions, and now –
Basically the rules are:
- You have to buy the airpass in conjunction with a ticket into the region on a Star Alliance partner. For us that means United Continental, of course if you are traveling from Europe or Asia there are other member airlines available. But UA – CO is the only airline that serves Kosrae.
- The ticket has to be bought outside of the Micronesian region.
- You have to make at least two 24 hour stops.
- You can only travel in one direction. So you can’t backtrack, except for passing through Guam.
- Right now you will have to contact the airline ticket office or a travel agent to buy the pass. If you work directly with the airline, you must ask for the “Micronesia AirPass”.
We are also offering any guest traveling on the AirPass a 20% discount on lodging at Kosrae Village, so you can save in a lot of ways, just be sure to let us know that you are using the AirPass ticket.
June 4 and 5 Bruce will be in the Kosrae Visitors Bureau booth, #535, at the Long Beach (California) Scuba Show. So you can drop by, ask him questions in person and of course, he will have a super show special to offer as well.
That Saturday afternoon, he’s also going to be doing a seminar about Kosrae coral, how we protect the reef and what makes Kosrae a super safe destination. People attending the seminar will have an opportunity to win some great prizes, including a Continental ticket to Kosrae!